Mobile Check Deposit is a feature that provides you the convenience of depositing checks on your schedule, without needing to visit a branch or an ATM. All you need is a smartphone or a tablet with the Riverside TouchBanking Mobile App (available for iOS and Android devices).
Deposit a check using the camera on your smartphone or tablet and the Mobile Banking app. Snap a picture of the front and back of the check, choose your account and amount and send. For your protection, check images are stored securely at the credit union and not on your device. We do suggest however to keep the deposited check in a safe place for 30 days to ensure correct processing. Make a note of the date the check was deposited for future reference.
How to Use Mobile Check Deposit:
- Before logging into your account via our Touchbank Mobile App, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse your name on the back of your check and write: “For Mobile Deposit Only” with Member #. Checks payable to any party other than the member whose account has been approved for Remote Deposit Capture will not be accepted.
- Once logged into your account via our Mobile App, look for the “Deposit” icon. Carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on the check.
- Follow the tabs to take photos of the front and back of the check.
- There is a $1,500 max per item and $3,000.00 total daily limit. Check must be submitted by 2:30 p.m. daily in order to be deposited the following day. Check holds may apply.
Tips for a Successful Photo Deposit:
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking a photo.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. (Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.) Be sure all four corners of the check are visible.
- Take the photos in a well-lit area and on a solid, dark background. Be sure there are no shadows across the check.
- Hold the camera square and steady across the check. Make sure the check is not blurry and that the numbers on the bottom of the check are all readable.
- If the “Deposit Check” box does not appear in the app under the Deposits tab, please log into your NetBranch account and agree to the updated terms and conditions. When you restart your app, you should have full access to deposit your check.
Still have a question? Please call 716-875-1747.